Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

Thread: Predictions for 08.29.2008

  1. #31
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    At a small school you have to share the athletes between programs in order to have anything.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #32
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    No doubt. drake brought up the difference in where the students live in comparison to the school and that can make a huge difference. RC pulls kids that are almost an hour away and it is harder for kids like that to be there everyday, unlike kids that can walk to the weight room and practice fields.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #33
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    I've seen both sides of it. IMO, at many small schools there isn't so much of a "lack of committment" as there is a "lack of a means to make a committment"
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #34
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Very true. In rural areas and many parents trying to make ends meet, its hard to help their kids get shuttled to and fro for practice. For the most part RC hasn't had a terrible trouble with it, but it has cost them in depth in football IMO, and has caused issues with filling out baseball teams and such. Luckily my senior year, a few of us shuttled kids around and that helped us have close to 40 on the roster for football, the largest team I have known of at RC.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #35
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    The Cove has it better than alot of small schools tho in that the population lives in clusters even though they are spread out. That kinda makes it easier for most kids to find a ride to the field house. When the players live in BFE scattered in 15 different directions, you can't even do that.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #36
    Inactive Member imported_NBK's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2006
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Appalachia - 6
    Burton - 48

    Kelly - 42
    Pound - 8

    PV - 14
    Lebanon - 22

    TW - 13
    Castlewood - 35

    Coeburn - 36
    Ervinton - 0

    TV - 12
    St. Paul - 21

    Honaker - 14
    Richlands - 36

    Gate City - 42
    Tazwell - 14

    Clintwood - 28
    Haysi - 7

    Ya know my momma loves me, she just don't understand why they keep showing my hands and not my face on t.v.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Burton over Appy by 50 - I think Jimbo will run it up on the Dawgs alittle and may try working on his passing game

    Kelly over Pound by 35 - I do think Pound has improved but Kelly may be the darkhorse in the LPD with a solid D and a Balanced russing/passing attack the Indans will be WAY to much for the wildcats

    Lebanon over PV by 14 - Both teams are very strong programs and both go into this game 1-0 but neather had a very good showing last week.....The Lebanon folk belive that they can shut down PVs offence much better than Lee did last week and if they stick to there ground attack they will put up some points

    Castlewood over TW by 21 - Castlewood is pretty goot TW had records set on them last Friday you do the math

    Coeburn over Ervinton by 45 - It could be worse but I think Coeburn will pull back to keep there teams healthy

    St Paul over TV by 2 - Both teams are at low points of there programs if it were possable to pick against both I would

    Richlands over Honaker by 21 - I can't help but think Richlands will bounce back from there Gate City beating and while Honaker played Lebanon closer than expected I do not look for that to be the case this week

    Gate City over Tazwell by 28 - Gate City looks to be SWVAs Top team this season and while they will have a big bullseye on there back they tend to wear it well

    Clintwood over Haysi by 28 - Haysi is a tough team and Sandlick is a tough place to play but I think Clintwood will just be to much for the Tigers

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Dang Counts........you have enough money to cover the spread?? LOL! If we were gambling, I would take some of this action.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    Which game do you think is out of line?

    The GC Tazwell game could be closer if Colbro goes into ultra consertive mode as he is prone to do at times and The CW Haysi could be closer if Clintwood come out slow and alows Haysi to stay in the game early and the Norton Appy Game could be closer if Norton Pulls all there starters early in the game other than that all things being equil everything looks good to me

  10. #40
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions for 08.29.2008

    I'll take PV and 14...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •